track line efficiencies:Time Calculations

  1. #1
    Paul T
    Guest

    track line efficiencies:Time Calculations

    In excel I want to track line efficiencies based on time. I need to know how
    to subtract 1 time from another. I do not appear to have any trouble with
    adding times.

    Cell A1 Cell B1 Cell c1
    Start Time End Time Hours worked
    23:00 03:00 (should be 4 but all I get is hash
    symbols)

    Ideally I do not want to ann in date and times. Is there a simple formula I
    have not tried?

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    re: track line efficiencies:Time Calculations

    Hi!

    Try this with the cell formatted as [h]:mm if you want the result to show as
    4:00

    =B2-A2+(A2>B2)

    Try this with the cell formatted as GENERAL if you want the result to show
    as 4

    =(B2-A2+(A2>B2))*24

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...