Trailing spaces in Pivot tables

  1. #1
    Fred
    Guest

    Trailing spaces in Pivot tables

    Does anyone know why 'abc' and 'abc ' appear as two different values in
    pivot table page, row, or column fields? Is there a configuration setting to
    control this? The same values appear only once in the filter list in a
    filtered data table, and behave per ANSI 92 (ie 'abc'='abc ') in Microsoft
    query group and criteria statements.
    thanks in advance
    Baffled in Bury

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Trailing spaces in Pivot tables

    to the best of my knowledge, there isn't. Pivot Tables are not using SQL to
    the best of my knowledge. In a cell, your example is false.

    Tom Ogilvy