Running code on a drop down selection change

  1. #1
    Steve Haack
    Guest

    Running code on a drop down selection change

    I would like to know if it is possible to run a macro when a change in a data
    validation drop down happens? I don't want it to run on other changes in the
    worksheet, only when a user makes a selection in a data validation drop down.

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Running code on a drop down selection change

    You can use the worksheet_Change event to run the code, and check if a
    cell with data validation was changed. There are notes on using this in
    different versions of Excel:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Change

    And, there are sample workbooks here:

    For example, under Data Validation, look for 'Data Validation Combobox
    Named Lists'

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List