How do I unlock a spreadsheet that is password protected?

  1. #1
    Moke
    Guest

    How do I unlock a spreadsheet that is password protected?

    I have a spreadsheet to which I need access but it was password protected by
    my predecessor who is no longer with our company. How can I get into the
    spreadsheet to edit it? I can currently read-only.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How do I unlock a spreadsheet that is password protected?

    Take a look at

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

  3. #3
    Franz
    Guest

    Re: How do I unlock a spreadsheet that is password protected?

    "Moke" <[email protected]>ha scritto nel messaggio
    [email protected]

    > I have a spreadsheet to which I need access but it was password
    > protected by my predecessor who is no longer with our company. How
    > can I get into the spreadsheet to edit it? I can currently read-only.

    If you can open the file in a read only mode you can save it with a
    different name...
    --
    Franz

    To reply translate from italian InVento (no capital letters)

  4. #4
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: How do I unlock a spreadsheet that is password protected?

    Hi Moke
    Contact your predecessor first....he /she must have locked it for a reason.
    second option is to buy a password cracker, about $20 on the net.

    HTH
    Michael

  5. #5
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: How do I unlock a spreadsheet that is password protected?

    "Franz" <[email protected]> wrote...
    >If you can open the file in a read only mode you can save it with a
    >different name...

    And then you can close the copy, delete the original, and rename the copy
    using the original's filename. File-modify passwords are OH, SO SECURE.