quick selection drop down list

  1. #1
    68magnolia71
    Guest

    quick selection drop down list

    Hello every one,

    I use quite a lot of drop down lists in a work book and some of them are
    pretty long. The question is: is there a way to pouch in the first letter of
    a word ( the list is arranged in alphabetical order) so as the list goes to
    that postion?
    Thank you for any suggestion.

    68magnolia71

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: quick selection drop down list

    No, you need a combobox for this.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: quick selection drop down list

    If this is a data validation dropdown, it doesn't support autocomplete.
    If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a
    combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data
    validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  4. #4
    68magnolia71
    Guest

    Re: quick selection drop down list

    Hello Debra and Bob,

    Thank you for your answers. Unfortunately I'm not accustumed with
    programming, VBa and other comboboxes ( I wonder if comboboxes exist in the
    french version). The drop down list in the "name bar" ( left top of screen)
    is longer than my drop list and still readable. I didn't see it before but
    the question has been asked many times before and I think the problem has to
    be adressed to by Microsoft like the automatic height of murged cells and a
    couple of others.

    68magnolia71