converting PDF file to readable excel format

  1. #1
    TNMAN
    Guest

    converting PDF file to readable excel format

    Is there a way to convert a PDF file containing columns of numbers into a
    readable Excel file? I am using Excel version 2003. Thanks in advance for
    any help.

    Nelson

  2. #2

    Convert to text and then Import

    Hi,

    You could save the pdf as a text file using the save as menu option in adobe reader and then import the text file into excel using the import item under the tools menu of excel.

    neil

  3. #3
    Forum Guru
    North America
    MS-Off Ver
    2002/XP and 2007
    Posts
    15,825
    Another way (I think you have to have Reader 4.0 or higher to do this) is to use the text select tool to select the text you want to copy. Then copy it to the clipboard, then paste into excel. Can't remember if Excel automatically brings up the text import wizard like this, but, if it doesn't, then use "text to columns" on the data menu.

  4. #4
    thom hoyle
    Guest

    RE: converting PDF file to readable excel format

    The PDF should be converted to a image "TIFF" if possible by scanning.. Then
    you must OCR (Optical Character Recognition) the image.. After scanning to a
    TIFF, you can use Microsoft Office Tools that came with OFFICE. to OCR the
    image.
    Or using some nice piece of Software like OmniPage Pro to create a table out
    of the scanned TIFF file... hope this helps alittle.