How do I change a column in Excel from upper case to lower case?

  1. #1
    Debbie Kennedy
    Guest

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How do I change a column in Excel from upper case to lower case?

    Assume data in col A, A1 down
    Put in B1: =LOWER(A1)
    Copy down

    Copy col B, then overwrite col A with a paste special > values
    Delete col B
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: How do I change a column in Excel from upper case to lower case?

    If your upper case data were in A1 to A whatever, in B1
    =LOWER(A1)
    drag B1 down as necessary to the end of your range in coulumn A
    see also
    =UPPER(A1) and
    =PROPER(A1)
    Regards,

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How do I change a column in Excel from upper case to lower case?

    Try David McRitchie's "Lower_Case" macro:

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#lower

    In article <[email protected]>,