Clearing Contents of Cell

  1. #1
    Burt
    Guest

    Clearing Contents of Cell

    I have an excel spread sheet from last year in which I put entries and then
    formulas to calculate totals. I wanted to clear the worksheet so that I
    could reuse it. I followed Excel help, Highlighted all of the data entries
    then went to edit-clear-contents. All information was removed from the cells
    (data,format,formula). I then tried a single cell with the same results.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks

    --
    Incoming & Outgoing mail scanned with NAV

  2. #2
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: Clearing Contents of Cell

    If you are simply trying to clear the constants (your entries) and and
    trying to leave the formats intact then do the following
    Select the range by prtessing control A
    Press F5 on keyboard
    Click on Special tab
    Select constants
    Hit OK
    Now press the delete key on the keyboard

    This will clear all the entries except formulas and also leave your formats
    intact from the deleted entries

    news:[email protected]...