if month is less than halfway over subtract 1

  1. #1
    coal_miner
    Guest

    if month is less than halfway over subtract 1

    I need an if formula that takes a date in cell K3 and determines if the month
    in that cell is halfway over. If it is not halfway over, then it subtracts
    the number 1 from cell A25. If the month is halfway over, then do nothing.
    Is this possible, and if so, please let me know. Much obliged.

  2. #2
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: if month is less than halfway over subtract 1

    =if(day(k3)<16,a25-1,"")

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: if month is less than halfway over subtract 1

    Here is something to work with
    =A25-(DAY(J3)<=INT(DAY(DATE(YEAR(J3),MONTH(J3)+1,0))+1)/2)
    DAY find the day-of-month from the date
    The Date part computes the last day of the month by finding the zeroth day
    of the following month
    Your may want to experiment with the 1 and the INT depending on your meaning
    of "month is half over"
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: if month is less than halfway over subtract 1

    =IF(DAY(K3)>DATE(YEAR(K3),MONTH(K3)+1,0)/2,A25-1,0)

    Bob Phillips