How do I let only one box be chosen when there are several?

  1. #1
    alruslavage
    Guest

    How do I let only one box be chosen when there are several?

    I've put several 'check' boxes in a sheet. I want to allow only one to be
    chosen. Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Nick
    Guest

    Re: How do I let only one box be chosen when there are several?

    Don't use checkboxes use option buttons instead as only one can be selected
    at a time.

    Nick

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: How do I let only one box be chosen when there are several?

    Use radio buttons instead; it's better design.

    --

    Vasant

  4. #4
    alruslavage
    Guest

    Re: How do I let only one box be chosen when there are several?

    Looked up 'radio' buttons and cannot find it's functionality and how-to.
    Where do I find this info?

  5. #5
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: How do I let only one box be chosen when there are several?

    Sorry, should have said "option buttons."

    --

    Vasant

  6. #6
    Nick
    Guest

    Re: How do I let only one box be chosen when there are several?

    There are two types in excel 2000
    Either on the Forms tool bar or the Control Toolbox toolbar.
    Right click the current menubar and select the toolbars from there. Or
    View - Toolbars.

    The Forms option button and the Control option button are different and are
    implemented differently but work the same, i.e only one can be selected at a
    time.
    The Control option button has more functionality through VBA.

    Nick

    news:%23NH90%[email protected]...

  7. #7
    alruslavage
    Guest

    Re: How do I let only one box be chosen when there are several?

    do you mean ActiveX control? When I do a search on option buttons, it comes
    up with ActiveX and with manipulating the controls of the page. Nothing
    about check boxes.

  8. #8
    Nick
    Guest

    Re: How do I let only one box be chosen when there are several?

    The controls on the Control Toolbpx toolbar are ActiveX Controls.
    In Excel help serach for 'Types of Controls" and you should see two help
    topics. One about Form controls and the other about ActiveX controls.