Subtracting weekdays from a date:

  1. #1
    Richard
    Guest

    Subtracting weekdays from a date:

    I want to return a date that is the result of subtracting working days. For
    example:

    05/10/05 - 5 business days(m-f)= 05/03/05. Were 5/03/05 will be the
    returned value when I enter the value 5 in a cell.

    Thank you

    Richard Herrera

  2. #2
    Alok
    Guest

    RE: Subtracting weekdays from a date:

    Richard,
    User workday function
    Here A1 is the date, B1 is the number of days and C1 is where this function
    goes.

    =WORKDAY(A1,B1)

    Alok Joshi

  3. #3
    Richard
    Guest

    RE: Subtracting weekdays from a date:

    Thank you Alok for the quick response. However, when I put the assigned
    values in the respected fields, I get a #NAME? value. So i thought maybe you
    ment
    =WEEKDAY(A1,B1), but I still get the samething.

    I'm on version Excel 2003

    Thank you
    Richard

  4. #4
    Alok
    Guest

    RE: Subtracting weekdays from a date:

    Richard,

    You may not have the Analysis Toolpak addin selected. Please go to the
    Tools, Add-ins.. menu option select the Analysis Toolpak and OK. They you
    will be able to use this function.

    If you do not even see the Analysis Toolpak listed under the Addins
    Available list then you may need to do as follows. (the following taken from
    Excel Help on WORKDAY function)
    If this function is not available, run the Setup program to install the
    Analysis ToolPak. After you install the Analysis ToolPak, you must enable it
    by using the Add-Ins command on the Tools menu.

    I tested this on XL2000 and it works.

    Alok Joshi

  5. #5
    Richard