"Criteria Range" in the "Data/Filter/Advanced Filter" to select Du

  1. #1
    TC
    Guest

    "Criteria Range" in the "Data/Filter/Advanced Filter" to select Du

    Excel 2003/ Is there a way I can use the "Criteria Range" in the
    "Data/Filter/Advanced Filter" tool to select duplicates in a multi-column,
    many-line spreadsheet by selecting based on only certain columns of
    information. ie: columns including, Name, Address, City, State etc, as well
    as columns containing data such as phone numbers which make all records
    unique.

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    RE: "Criteria Range" in the "Data/Filter/Advanced Filter" to select Du

    TC-

    Let's assume that your target columns are A, B, C, D and F. Place this in an
    open cell (say J13):

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2&B2&C2&D2&F2=$A$2:$A$500&$B$2:$B$500&$C$2:$C$500&$D$2:$D$500&$F$2:$F$500))>1

    And use $J$12:$J$13 as your criteria range, ensuring that *J12* is empty.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA