Dropdown boxes (box 1 result = box 2

  1. #1
    Greg
    Guest

    Dropdown boxes (box 1 result = box 2

    I'm trying to use a dropdown box that after choosing will create choices for
    dropdown box 2.
    box 1:
    box 2:
    1 orange
    1 blue
    1 green
    2 yellow
    2 purple
    2 black
    3 etc etc etc

    Any idea?
    thanks in advance, greg

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Dropdown boxes (box 1 result = box 2

    Hi
    Have a look here:

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Louis Pretorius (Johannesurg, RSA)
    Guest

    RE: Dropdown boxes (box 1 result = box 2

    Hi Greg
    Create named lists of the vairous drop-downs you want.
    Do a data validation, and in the Source, do ifs
    =if($A$1="XXX",LIST1,if($A$1=YYY,LIST2,ERROR)) etc

    Cheers
    Louis