conditionally format cells

  1. #1
    elad
    Guest

    conditionally format cells

    I have a cell that contains a formula that can yield either a dollar value or
    a percentage value, depending on inputs. How can I format the cell to
    correctly match the result?

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    RE: conditionally format cells

    If the percent is never greater than 100%, then you could custom format the
    font color. For example:

    [Red][<1]0%;[Blue]$#.00

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: conditionally format cells

    Since you didn't state examples, try this custom format, where you'll
    *never* have a return of 100%:

    [>=1]$#,###.00;[<1]#.0%;General

    If you anticipate a return of 100%, try this, where you'll lose the ability
    to display $1:

    [>1]$#,###.00;[<=1]#.0%;General
    --

    HTH,