Missing keyboard shortcut - CTRL+SPACEBAR

  1. #1
    Ken
    Guest

    Missing keyboard shortcut - CTRL+SPACEBAR

    I cannot use CTRL+SPACEBAR to select an entire colume in a worksheet. (while
    the other keyboard shortcut works fine, at least the ones I usually use!).
    when I press CTRL+SPACEBAR, nothing happens.

    I wonder why and how can I fix it? I tried to reinstall the MS OFFICE but
    still didn't work.

    I wonder if i have to remove some entries in the registry? Please help!

  2. #2
    Mexage
    Guest

    RE: Missing keyboard shortcut - CTRL+SPACEBAR

    Perhaps there is a macro with that shortcut assigned.

    To check, go to Tools / Macro / Macros...

    There you will see a list of all active macros. Click on the Options...
    button and check if it's not assigned.

    Hope this helps and if it does, please vote for this post.

    G.Morales

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Missing keyboard shortcut - CTRL+SPACEBAR

    What is the meaning of "vote for this post"?

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Ken
    Guest

    RE: Missing keyboard shortcut - CTRL+SPACEBAR

    Thanks. But what if there is nothing assigned in Marco, ie, no marco had took
    up the CTRL+SPACEBAR keyboard shortcut?

    Is there a file that customises personal setting for MS Excel (or MS Office)
    application? Would removing it be helpful to the problem?

    Will vote for answer reply that cures the problem.

    Cheers

  5. #5
    Mexage

    "Ken" wrote:

    > Will vote for answer reply that cures the problem.

    Dear Gord and Ken:

    The reason I asked you to vote for my post _in_case_it_helps_ is to make
    this board more useful. If you guys vote for a post that is helpful, people
    having the same problem will have less trouble searching for accurate
    solutions. Ken, I wouldn't want you to vote for my post if it wasn't helpful
    to you.

    About your problem, perhaps you have an excel Add-in that takes that
    shortcut. An Add-in is a program that runs in excel to perform certain tasks.
    Examples of Add-ins are Excel Analysis Add-in, Lookup Add-in, among others.

    To check which Add-ins you have installed (or perhaps another program has)
    click on Tools, then on Add-ins... There you will see a list of available
    Add-ins and a check mark to the left of the ones that are activated.

    Try deactivating some of them. Perhaps one of them has the same shortcut
    assigned to something else. Also virus scan your machine, to see if there is
    a macro virus in your system.

    What version of Excel are you using? That might be important.

    Finally, check for any new toolbars you might have; go to Tools, then
    Customize and check for an unfamiliar toolbar. If it's activated, try
    deactivating it.

    Well, I hope that helps, and if it doesn't DON'T vote for my post...

    Have a nice day!

    G.Morales

  6. #6
    Ken
    Guest

    RE: Missing keyboard shortcut - CTRL+SPACEBAR

    Thanks for replying, Mexage. The version of Excel I use is part of the Office
    XP package so I guess it must be Excel XP version.

    I will have a check on the "add-in" components and "toolbars" components
    later today.

    Hope your tips will help to solve the mystery.

    Cheers
    Ken