How can I combine the functions of a vlookup and sumif without a p

  1. #1
    hobbeson
    Guest

    How can I combine the functions of a vlookup and sumif without a p

    It wasn't clear what the solution was from previous posts so I thought I ask
    the question again.

    I essentially want a function that can look at 1 column for a specific
    criteria and then sum a 2nd column when the criteria is found. So for
    examples

    C1 C2
    Red 9
    Green 10
    Red 2
    Blue 6
    Yellow 22
    Red 18
    Brown 23

    I want something that will give me the sum of the number associated with red
    but for many more data points than this.

  2. #2
    PC
    Guest

    Re: How can I combine the functions of a vlookup and sumif without a p

    =SUMIF(C1:C7,"red",D1:D7)

    For more than one criteria column use (add as needed)

    =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B7="something")*(C1:C7="red")*(D1:D7))

    HTH

    PC

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Hobbeson
    Guest

    Re: How can I combine the functions of a vlookup and sumif without

    Thanks. That's perfect.