fill down array to last available row

  1. #1

    fill down array to last available row

    I'm trying to build a macro that will fill down an array formula from
    J2 to the last available row in column J.

    Example...
    Range("J2").Select
    Selection.FormulaArray = _"my array formula"

    Range("J2:to last row in Column J").Select

    Selection.FillDown

    Any ideas?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: fill down array to last available row

    try this
    Sub placearrayformulae()
    Set frng = Range("j2:j" & Cells(Rows.Count, "J").End(xlUp).Row)
    With frng
    ..FormulaArray = "=yourarray"
    ..Formula = .Value'to convert from formula to just value
    End With

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: fill down array to last available row

    Don,

    Thanks for the code below and I think we're close, but when I run the
    macro, it just writes "0" value to row 1 and 2 in column J.

    Here's my code:

    Sub placearrayformulae()
    '
    ' Macro3 Macro
    ' Macro recorded 5/19/2005 by Mike Wilson

    Set frng = Range("j2:j" & Cells(Rows.Count, "J").End(xlUp).Row)
    With frng
    ..FormulaArray = "=IF(RC[-1]=""CLOSED"",1, IF(RC[-1]=""OPEN"",2,
    IF(RC[-1]=""RESOLVED"",1,)))"
    ..Formula = .Value 'to convert from formula to just value

    End With
    End Sub

    Any ideas?

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: fill down array to last available row

    I suspect that this is what you want.

    Sub placearrayformulae1()
    Set jrng = Range("j2:j" & Cells(Rows.Count, "J").End(xlUp).Row)
    With jrng
    ..Formula = "=IF(OR(I2=""CLOSED"",I2=""resolved""),1,IF(I2=""OPEN"",2,""""))"

  5. #5

    Re: fill down array to last available row

    Don,

    When I run the macro, somethings going on with the range. It's writing
    values to row 1 and 2 only in column J. Any ideas on how to chg the
    Set jrng for it to write J2 down to last available row?

    Thanks for your help?
    Mike

  7. #7
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: fill down array to last available row

    row 2 must be the last available row in col J.

  8. #8

    Re: fill down array to last available row

    I wish it was that easy, but col J has over a thousand rows. Also it
    doesn't seem to make sense that the macro is also writing a value to
    row 1, when the range in the code looks like it starts at row 2. Not
    sure?

    If you can think of anything else, please let me know.

    Thanks,
    Mike

  9. #9
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: fill down array to last available row

    Perhaps you would like to send me a small workbook with the worksheet and
    macro.

  10. #10

    Re: fill down array to last available row

    That would be great, however, I'm not sure how to send it via Google.

    Any ideas?

  11. #11
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: fill down array to last available row

    My email address is here. Attach the file to an email to me.