How many in column

  1. #1
    Ralph Smith
    Guest

    How many in column

    I have a column of colors:

    White
    Red
    Yellow
    Black
    Red
    White
    Red
    Black
    White

    Is there a formula for determining how many of each color appear in
    the column?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: How many in column

    Hi
    Try something like this:
    =COUNTIF(A2:A2000,"White")

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ralph Smith
    Guest

    Re: How many in column

    Thank-you. I have two worksheets, "Data" and "Summary" the "Data"
    sheet contains all the colors information. I would like to place this
    formula in the "Summary" sheet.

    How do I modify this formula so that it can show up in the summary
    sheet?

    Thanks again. I am very new to all this.

  4. #4
    Alok
    Guest

    Re: How many in column