what's the closest think to an "average if" function?

  1. #1
    Flutie99
    Guest

    what's the closest think to an "average if" function?

    I have some data that I like to select and deselect using 1 or 0,
    respectively. I'd like to look at the average of the values of the numbers I
    select using 1. Essentially, I am looking for an "averageif" function.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: what's the closest think to an "average if" function?

    try something like this. This is an array formula which must be entered
    using ctrl+shift+enter.
    =average(if(a2:a200=1,b2:b200))

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: what's the closest think to an "average if" function?

    Hi

    P.e. with data you want to calculate the average of in range A2:A100, enter
    into some cell not on same row with your data (p.e. you can use additional
    rows in table header for it) the formula:
    =SUBTOTAL(1,A2:A100)
    Now use autofilter to filter all check values equal to 1, and you'll get the
    average of filtered data returned by formula.

    Arvi Laanemets