Prefill cust info from drop list into other cells

  1. #1
    carris76
    Guest

    Prefill cust info from drop list into other cells

    I created a drop down list of Cust ID's. I have several cells containing
    customer name, address, phone etc. that I want to prefill from the
    spreadsheet that my CustID's came from, but I don't know how!

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Prefill cust info from drop list into other cells

    Take a look at VLOOKUP in XL Help.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Prefill cust info from drop list into other cells

    Sounds like VLOOKUP could do the trick.

    For more on that Function see Debra Dalgleish's site.

    http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

    Also see Debra's site for info on Data Validation lists with drop-down box for
    entering the code numbers.

    Might be useful.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP