Construct address as a reference not "text"

  1. #1
    aka_norm
    Guest

    Construct address as a reference not "text"

    I am constructing an address using address function as follows

    =address(row(),24,1,TRUE,B1&T2)

    The result is a text of the address but if I use

    =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(row().....B1&T2),True)

    I get #REF... I assume the INDIRECT() is looking for a reference not text.
    What I really want is the content of the cell created using the Address()
    function.
    I have tried =Cell("contents",address(....)) to no avail...

    Please help
    Norm

  2. #2
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Construct address as a reference not "text"

    Hi,

    Works like a charm to me. Check if the sheet name is correct. BTW, True is
    redundant in the INDIRCT function. Can just go:

    =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),24,1,TRUE,B1&T2))

    KL
    ..

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Construct address as a reference not "text"

    If the B1&T1 is the path and name of a workbook that is not open then it
    will return an error,
    INDIRECT can not return info from a closed workbook

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...