Conditional Formatting Multiple cells based on 2 cells

  1. #1
    Louis Markowski
    Guest

    Conditional Formatting Multiple cells based on 2 cells

    Hello;

    I browsed the previouse threads on this and didn't see what I needed, I have
    in column D cell 1 =now() for todays date, in row b thru h row 4 , I have
    the days of the week for a work flow. Both D1 and b4-h4 are formated usiing
    the date *3/14/2001 format. What I need to do is that on the day of the week
    I am working on I want that column to highlight a certain color. Example I
    tried in condittional formula was, formula is - =d1=b4 then choose my
    color. But this did not work..Any ideas..? I put this formula in cell b5 thru
    16 and so forth........

    Any help would be great.
    TY
    Lou

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Formatting Multiple cells based on 2 cells

    The problem is you are comparing a date to a date and current time. NOW()
    gives you the current time as well as the date. If you change it to TODAY()
    your formatting will probably work. If it doesn't:

    Select columns b:h then choose Format>Conditional formatting

    Select Formula is and enter (adjust the B$4 to reflect the column that is
    active)
    =B$4=TODAY()
    Click on the format button and set up the desired format
    OK your way back to the spreadsheet

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting Multiple cells based on 2 cells

    Try

    =$D$1=B4

    Bob Phillips

    "Louis Markowski" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...