the cell currently being evaluated contains a constant

  1. #1
    Barrie Wells
    Guest

    the cell currently being evaluated contains a constant

    Excel generates the message:
    "the cell currently being evaluated contains a constant"
    and then does not evaluate a formula. The same formula, character for
    character, works fine in a different workbook. I can find no differences
    between their properties.
    1) Does anyone know what causes this?
    2) Does anyone know why there is no reference to this message in any
    Microscoft help or assistance, although the message is generated by Excel?
    Thanks,
    Barrie

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: the cell currently being evaluated contains a constant

    You probably pasted the formula in a text cell.
    Format as general (or number or whatever) and re-enter the formula (F2,
    Enter)

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: the cell currently being evaluated contains a constant

    Probably "entered", not "pasted"

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten