Adding By Color

  1. #1
    GR
    Guest

    Adding By Color

    I have a row of numbers, some black and some blue. Is it possible to set up
    a formula to look at the entire row and (i) return the sum of only the black
    numbers and (ii) update the sum each time I change the color of a number
    from blue to black? If so, I would appreciate guidance!
    Thank you,
    GR

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good evening GR

    Chip Pearson discusses this very subject on his website:

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

    It's not that difficult a thing to do and it's well documented. If you can't fathom it out, I have a free add in available that has something similar as a function. If you would like this please send an e-mail to [email protected].

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    N Harkawat