look up same values in coumn1 and calculate values in 2nd column

  1. #1
    khan
    Guest

    look up same values in coumn1 and calculate values in 2nd column

    I have a sheet which has 2 columns. One is called company and other is
    called "cost". I want a function which will look for a company in the
    whole column and and calculate the cost in 2nd column for the company.
    Like column one is full with name of compaies(khan And Co, John & Co,
    Rich & sons). these companies are repeated 50 times in column one.
    Can any one help me out, Is it possible to do that.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: look up same values in coumn1 and calculate values in 2nd column

    Look up SUMIF in help

    =SUMIF(Range1,"company",Range2)

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: look up same values in coumn1 and calculate values in 2nd column

    If you only need to calculate the sum for one company:
    C1: Company name
    D1: =SUMIF(A1:A1000,C1,B1:B1000)

    If you need the totals for all (or many) companies, I'd consider a Pivot
    Table.

    I hope that helps.
    Ron

  4. #4
    IlanR
    Guest

    Re: look up same values in coumn1 and calculate values in 2nd column

    Try =SUMIF(your range for Company,Name of Company you are looking to
    Sum,your range for Cost)

  5. #5
    IlanR