Decimal points not needed

  1. #1
    Paul K.
    Guest

    Decimal points not needed

    I use functions to change price lists, but I don't need the currency shown
    with decimal points, even though I use the format cell facility and request
    settings with whole numbers only at times the answer is shown to 2 decimal
    places and cannot be changed using the format cell. Why is this?
    For example I have a trade price of 1283 which I multiply by 2.4 to give
    3079 in an adjacent cell when I view this in the formula bar it shows 3079.2
    which I don't want as this data is uploaded to a database and needs to be
    whole numbers.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Decimal points not needed

    Display format has nothing to do with how the value's stored/calculated.

    If you want the value always to have the displayed precision, check the
    Precision as displayed checkbox in Tools/Options/Calculation. This is a
    global change for the workbook, however.

    Otherwise, use ROUND() (or possibly INT()) to give you whole numbers:

    =ROUND(1283*2.4,0)