Returning with cell on right/left of a reference

  1. #1
    Hellion
    Guest

    Returning with cell on right/left of a reference

    Hi everyone,
    my problem is as follows:

    I have a spreadshett with multiple tabs. Each tab breaks down the
    information in the main data spreadsheet.
    I want to lookup a value on the right (and sometimes left) of a reference in
    an array. I know how to use vlookup but the problem is that I don't know how
    to make a function clever enough to recognise my reference and pickup from an
    array the value on its right or left.

    I hope I have been clear enough, I would greatly appreciate any comments.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Returning with cell on right/left of a reference

    Hi Hellion

    See
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm#LeftLookup

    --