Further Question about Transpose

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Florence
    Guest

    Further Question about Transpose

    Hello everybody,

    I have a single column of texts with the following pattern:
    Row 1: Company Name
    Row 2: Address
    Row 3: Tel
    Row 4: Fax
    Row 5: Website

    For example:

    ABC Company Ltd
    20/F, Abc Building, 1 Abc Street, ABC Country
    1111 1111
    2222 2222
    www.Abc.com.
    XYZ Ptd Ltd
    Suite 5008 – 5010, 50/F, XYZ Building, 7 XYZ Street, XYZ Country
    3333 3333
    4444 4444
    www.xyz.com
    (and so on …)

    The length of such column is not fixed.

    So can I use “Paste Special -> Transpose” or =TRANSPOSE(array) to transform
    the data that column A contains all company names, column B contains all
    addresses, column C contains all tel num. and so on?

    (The “Paste Special -> Transpose” transformed all data in a single row. But
    I want to transform the record line – by – line without moving again …)

    Much appreciate if any tips about this.

    Thank you!!

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Further Question about Transpose

    One way to try ..

    Assuming source data is in col A, A1 down,
    in groups of 5 rows each as indicated
    (w/o any intervening blank rows)

    Put in say, B1:

    =OFFSET($A$1,ROWS($A$1:A1)*5-5+COLUMNS($A$1:A1)-1,)

    Copy B1 across 5 cols to F1, fill down until zeros appear signalling
    exhaustion of data from col A

    The above will return the desired results in cols B to F
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Florence
    Guest

    Re: Further Question about Transpose

    Dear Max,

    Thanks a lot for your help, the formula works fine!!

    Much thx!!

    Florence

  4. #4
    Max