SUMPRODUCT

  1. #1
    JerryS
    Guest

    SUMPRODUCT

    I have a column that contains two sets of information displayed as

    173.05 prepaid
    49.95
    174.03 prepaid
    149.95
    149.95

    I'd like a sumproduct search that counts only the number of times a cell
    containg "prepaid" is listed. There are other criteria and columns which is
    why I prefer to use sumproduct but am open to anything. Thanks

    JerryS

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: SUMPRODUCT

    COUNTIF will do what you asked -- count the number of occurrences of
    "prepaid".

  3. #3
    JerryS
    Guest

    Re: SUMPRODUCT

    Thanks but I can't get it to work because the dollars and "prepaid" are in
    the same cell. Wow would I write it so that it counts if the cell contains
    "prepaid"?
    --
    JerryS

  4. #4
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    Re: SUMPRODUCT

    =sumproduct(--(right(a1:a50,7)="prepaid"))

    You might also have to use

    =sumproduct(--(right(trim(a1:a50),7)="prepaid"))

    if there are trailing spaces after 'prepaid'

  5. #5
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    Re: SUMPRODUCT