How do I convert every cell in a spreadsheet to round to millions

  1. #1
    How2round
    Guest

    How do I convert every cell in a spreadsheet to round to millions

    The numerical data in my spreadsheet currently rounds to the nearest whole
    number. I would like to change all the cells to be rounded to the thousands
    position. For example, 13,700,800 should be changed to 13,701. Is there a
    way to do this to "groups of cells" by highlighting the appropriate cells and
    adjusting them? Using the "Round" command seems to be limited to a single
    cell; we have tons of data that require reformatting and applying this to
    each individual cells is an undesirable choice.

  2. #2

    Thousand

    Hi,

    Try using this custom format : #,###,

    Highligh the cells you want to apply the format, then:

    Format > Cells > Numbers Tab > Custom --> Enter the format in the "Type" texbox as shown in the pic.

    Hope it helps!

    Juan Carlos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cscorp; 06-08-2005 at 01:46 PM.

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: How do I convert every cell in a spreadsheet to round to millions

    If you really want to do it to the entire workbook
    enter 1000 in a cell
    copy
    select all the data you want converted
    paste special - divide
    <tools><options><Calculation>
    select "precision as displayed"
    enter 1000 in a cell again
    copy
    select data again
    paste special multiple

    I would quickly get rid of the precision as displayed selection.

  4. #4
    raven_guy
    Guest

    RE: How do I convert every cell in a spreadsheet to round to millions

    I know that if you use the format key... U can go under the currency or
    numerical tab and create the expression how you want it... or even decide how
    many decimal places you want have. Hope this helps.

    Ron