Cross workbook referencing based on cell input

  1. #1
    Neil Mitchell-Goodson
    Guest

    Cross workbook referencing based on cell input

    Hey guys,
    I have a 'summary' sheet that references other workbooks and polls data from
    specific cells on those sheets. Currently I have to 'hard-code' the
    references to those other workbooks on my summary sheet - is there a way I
    can use input from a cell to determine which other workbooks are referenced,
    instead of having to hard-code this into the sheet? That way a user can
    determine which other sheets are referenced.

    I'm sure this involves macros, cunning visual basic jiggery pokery, and/or
    voodoo magic. All replies, even the voodoo ones, are gratefully appreciated!

    NMG

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Cross workbook referencing based on cell input

    Hi Neal

    The indirect function will not work with closed workbooks.
    But you can run a macro to do this

    Maybe this will give you some ideas
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

    --