format cell to recall client name-enter a client #

  1. #1
    cheryl
    Guest

    format cell to recall client name-enter a client #

    I am trying to format a timesheet so when I enter a client #, it
    automatically pulls up the client's name.

    Please help. I am using Excel for the timesheet and I have imported the
    data from Microsoft Outlook.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    re: format cell to recall client name-enter a client #

    This is the normal result of the VLOOKUP function............

    Somewhere you must create a list of the numbers down one column and the
    corresponding Clients names in the next column to the right.............say
    your table is in S1:T10

    Then if you enter the number in A1, put this formula in B1 and it will
    return the clients name...........

    =VLOOKUP(A1,S1:T10,2,FALSE)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3