Cell Combining Question

  1. #1
    JeffC
    Guest

    Cell Combining Question

    I have a worksheet with first, middle and last names of people. The data are
    all in separate cells. I would like to combine the name (F M L) in one cell
    per name.

    I have used CONCENTATE and it works. However, this is a reference formula
    which errors when I delete any of the reference cells.

    So...I need to find a way to combine a person's first, middle and last name
    in a single cell and actually have that data in there (i.e., to not be a
    reference).

    If anyone has any idea on how to do this (short of having to re-input the
    data), I would greatly appreciate it.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Cell Combining Question

    After your CONCATENATE formula is in place, select the cell(s) and do Copy >
    PasteSpecial > Values back on themselves and the formulas go away and the
    values stay in place...........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Cell Combining Question

    Jeff

    After combining, copy then edit>paste special(in place)>values>OK>Esc.

    Delete original source cells.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    JeffC
    Guest

    RE: Cell Combining Question

    Thanks to the both of you that replied! Your suggestion worked like a charmed.

    Again, many thanks!