Can I do this? =VLOOKUP(A4,D1,2,FALSE); Where D1 has "$A$4:$B$18"

  1. #1
    Saravan
    Guest

    Can I do this? =VLOOKUP(A4,D1,2,FALSE); Where D1 has "$A$4:$B$18"

    Required to link between two workbooks. Should be able to concatenate
    different cells having the path of the second workbook. [in question - cell
    D1]. Then use this path in vlookup formula.

  2. #2
    arno
    Guest

    Re: Can I do this? =VLOOKUP(A4,D1,2,FALSE); Where D1 has "$A$4:$B$18"

    Hi Saravan,
    > - cell D1]. Then use this path in vlookup formula.

    you need indirect(d1) instead of just d1 for this, look in excel help
    for details.

    arno

  3. #3
    Saravan
    Guest

    Re: Can I do this? =VLOOKUP(A4,D1,2,FALSE); Where D1 has "$A$4:$B$

    Hello Arno,
    Thank you very much. Your solution has resolved the issue.

    Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Saravan
    Guest

    Re: Can I do this? =VLOOKUP(A4,D1,2,FALSE); Where D1 has "$A$4:$B$

    To use INDIRECT function we need to have the other work book open. Is there
    any other funtion that we could use to work this out, even if the excel file
    is closed.