Pull numbers from a cell

  1. #1
    Kevin
    Guest

    Pull numbers from a cell

    If I have a call with 3 sets of numbers in it. EG (11 2 8) or (1 12 16)
    How can I refer to just the first number or just the second or just the third?
    I can't count the characters because some may be single digit and some may
    be double digit.
    Or if I can split it out into the three numbers that would work.

  2. #2
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: Pull numbers from a cell

    easiest would be to split these numbers into 3 separate cells using
    data-->text to columns-->
    delimited
    Next
    check on the space
    and hit Finish,

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kevin
    Guest

    RE: Pull numbers from a cell

    Let me narrow that down a little more. If I hace 2 cells that equal each
    other...
    (11 2 8)
    (11 2 8)
    I want to combine them in a new cell by adding together only the second
    number. so it would say...
    (11 4 8)
    ????

  4. #4
    Kevin
    Guest

    Re: Pull numbers from a cell

    DOH! SO easy. I knew I was missing something.
    Thanks so much for your help.