Count number of times a specific number is displayed in a cell ran

  1. #1
    subs
    Guest

    Count number of times a specific number is displayed in a cell ran

    How can I count the number of cells which contain a specific number? For
    example,
    a b c d e
    1 23 11 45 32 61
    2 5 86 143 21 97
    3 14 56 64 13 9
    4 63 51 111 32 76

    Cells A1:E4 = 8, the number "1" is displayed in 8 cells throughout the
    specified cell range.

  2. #2
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: Count number of times a specific number is displayed in a cell ran

    =SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(FIND(1,A1:E4)))

    news:[email protected]...