Changing Positive to Negative

  1. #1
    Matthew Hackett via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Changing Positive to Negative

    This may be a really dumb question, but hey here goes.

    I have a column of positive monetary amounts (i.e. debits). They SHOULD be
    negative amounts (i.e. credits).

    Is there a way to change all of them from positives to negatives in one go?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Changing Positive to Negative

    Hi
    Type -1 in a blank unused cell. Copy this, select your range and then
    Edit|Paste Special|Multiply.
    Take a copy of your sheet before you start!

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3