scheduled hours total

  1. #1
    Jeff Desruisseaux
    Guest

    scheduled hours total

    I created a scheduling template using excel 2000. A1 shows individual shifts
    (written in text format), A2 identifies the amount of hours in that shift.
    Every subsequent column has the names of the scheduled employees from
    sunday(A3) to saturday(A9). What I wish to do is to create a personalized
    employee worksheet where I would be able to tell how many shifts and hours
    each employee has in that week. Is this even possible given the design?

    http://www.geocities.com/stamario2000/sample.jpg

    Here is a sample of what my template looks like. Obviously the employee
    names are fictitious, but I would nonetheless like to be able to have on a
    separate worksheet: ddent 1 - number of shifts / number of hours...

    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Chris Ferguson
    Guest

    Re: scheduled hours total

    How about, on your separate sheet having a cell for your required employee,
    and use if statements to compare each day/shift with that required employee.

    In your new sheet, copied from your template, insert a new column 'A'.

    Set a1 to be the required employee.
    In the Day/Shift cell try something like if(sheet1!c3 = $a$1,sheet1!c3,""),
    put this formula in each day/shift and then you can produce totals as
    required.
    Obviously changing the employee in 'A1' would change the whole sheet.

    HTH

    Chris

    news:[email protected]...