Any ideas for a more customized data entry?

  1. #1
    FBB
    Guest

    Any ideas for a more customized data entry?

    I need to be able to enter data in one of two ways, but have it result in the
    same value. For example,

    I need to be able to enter the decimal number '11.22' as
    11.22 or <-- I know how to do that :-)
    1122 <-- and that :-)
    but in the end, the number needs to be understood as '11.22'

    So basically my problem is that I'm either stuck with one data entry method,
    or another, but I can't seem to find a way to use both in the same cell.
    I've toyed with the data validation feature, but I haven't found a way to
    make it do what I want.

  2. #2
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: Any ideas for a more customized data entry?

    go to

    tools<>options<>edit<>

    tick
    fixed decimal places and select 2 decimals

    --
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill K

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    FBB
    Guest

    Re: Any ideas for a more customized data entry?

    Sure! but that's too easy! :-)

    thank you so much!!