Figuring military time for total hours

  1. #1
    David Nelms
    Guest

    Figuring military time for total hours

    Helping someone out with a worksheet that figures time (in military
    time) for use at weekend race tracks. Generally they have two days so it
    was easy with 2 IN's/2 OUT's for each day. But the rain at Daytona this
    weekend created a problem we did not expect.

    Someone starts work at Sat 0630 and finishes at 0130 Sun. Morning.

    Excel is not giving the total in correct hours, but I realize that's
    it's because you've gone to another day. As a workaround I told them for
    now to enter it as 2 days 0630 to 2400 and 0000 to 0130....is there a
    more elegant (or right) way to accomplish this?

    David

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Figuring military time for total hours

    Entering the start/stop time as date and time should resolve your problem.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Figuring military time for total hours

    1. Excel can't gibe the time correctly since 0630 or 0130 are time formats,
    to excel they are the numbers 630 and 130, you have to use formulas to make
    excel calculate as time

    http://tinyurl.com/78bwz

    where that example start time is in A1 and end time in B1

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Figuring military time for total hours

    I meant they are not time formats and gibe should be give, doh!

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...