Shelf Life Percentage

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    Shelf Life Percentage

    I've been playing with this, but can't get it to work.

    I have a product that has a 10 year shelf life. I'd like a spread sheet
    that users can open that will calculate the percentage that is left, based
    on "Today's date".

    I've tried this.

    A1 - 7-Jul-2000 (Entered as date)
    A2 - 7-Jul-2010 (Entered as date)
    A3 - =A2-A1" gives me 3652
    A4 - =Today()

    And now I'm stuck. Tried a few different things, but I'm getting further
    away instead of closer.

    Any and all help gratefully appreciated.

    TIA
    John

  2. #2
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Shelf Life Percentage

    John,

    A3 is the number of days in the 10 year period.

    A2-A4 is the number of days remaining in the period so

    =(A2-A4)/A3 formatted as percentage is what you are looking for.

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Shelf Life Percentage

    try this

    =IF(A1>TODAY(),0,IF(TODAY()>=A2,1,(TODAY()-A1)/(A2-A1)))

  4. #4
    John
    Guest

    Re: Shelf Life Percentage

    WOOHOO!!

    Thanks, that works like a charm.

    John

    "Sandy Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]: