Count Not Appearing when using AutoFilter?

  1. #1
    BBob
    Guest

    Count Not Appearing when using AutoFilter?

    On some spreadsheets, when I try to use AutoFilter to count the number of
    records meeting certain parameters, the count will not display at the bottom.
    Other times this functionality works fine. Is there a setting I need to
    reconfigure?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Count Not Appearing when using AutoFilter?

    When your list has many formulas, or if a cell in the list is changed
    after a filter has been applied, the Status Bar may show "Filter Mode"
    instead of a count of the visible records. You can use the Subtotal
    function to count the visible rows.

    The following MSKB article has information:

    The AutoFilter status bar displays the "Filter Mode" message in Excel
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

    And there are a couple of workarounds here:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    BBob
    Guest

    Re: Count Not Appearing when using AutoFilter?

    Thanks for help! I could not find any guidance on this topic in the Excel
    help files or on my initial search of the Microsoft site.

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Count Not Appearing when using AutoFilter?

    You're welcome! Another place to search for help is in the Google
    archives of the Excel newsgroups. The advanced search page is here:

    http://groups.google.ca/advanced_gro...=group:*excel*