comments in excel

  1. #1
    EGYPTIAN SUE
    Guest

    comments in excel

    How can I copy / cut & paste a table including all the formatting into a
    comment in an excel spreadsheet

  2. #2
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: comments in excel

    "EGYPTIAN SUE" <EGYPTIAN [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > How can I copy / cut & paste a table including all the formatting into a
    > comment in an excel spreadsheet

    A "comment" is designed for a brief note, to add some information about the
    contents of a cell, and is plain text only AFAIK. What EXACTLY are you
    trying to acheive?

  3. #3
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: comments in excel

    suppose you have entered some in cell D8 e.g. rv

    you want this to be entered in comments of cell G10

    try this url

    Public Sub test()
    Dim x As String
    x = Range("d8").Value
    Range("g10").AddComment x
    End Sub
    see whether you get what you want.
    perhaps itis not possible to copy the format etc.