Excel needs to have the ability to insert "SUB" worksheets

  1. #1
    KFEagle
    Guest

    Excel needs to have the ability to insert "SUB" worksheets

    It would be useful if Excel had tha option to insert "SUB" worksheets linked
    to "MAIN" worksheets. For instance if I have (3) worksheets that are
    summarized in another (main) worksheet, and this situation occurs more than
    once in a file, it can be rather difficult to remember which (sub) sheets are
    tied to which (main) worksheets. If "SUB" worksheets could be inserted and
    shown at the bottom of the work area in a sub-level type fashion, it would
    make this situation much more user friendly..

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Excel needs to have the ability to insert "SUB" worksheets

    Just for my edification, could you describe what a "sub-level type
    fashion" means or looks like?

  3. #3
    KFEagle
    Guest

    Re: Excel needs to have the ability to insert "SUB" worksheets

    Maybe not the best choice of words...
    I was trying to discribe something like the following:
    Make the worksheet "tabs" wider and taller (at the bottom of the workspace),
    and make these tabs "main worksheets"
    Then insert smaller "sub-tabs" for worksheets that are summarized in the
    "main worksheets"
    I suppose I could just use the rename function and enter a name that
    signifies whether a worksheet is a "main" or a "sub".