IF & AND Functions together

  1. #1
    HARSH BAHAL
    Guest

    IF & AND Functions together

    Dear Sirs,
    How do i insert a "if" & " and" functions together. I have a list of
    customers and a list of products ,which are being bought by customers at
    diffrent point of times. I want to consolidate the information in the format
    > Customer "X" has bought so many units of products "A", Customer "Y" has

    bought so many units of product "B" so on... The information that I receive
    currently is in the format > customerX / Material A/ Quantity / Bill no /
    date,i.e. it is by material and date. So if a customer buys a material "A" 10
    times during the month under 10 bills it is reflected 10 times .
    Pl. oblige

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: IF & AND Functions together

    You need a SUMIF, I think:

    But just in case you really need IF/AND:

    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: IF & AND Functions together

    =SUMPRODU CT(--($A$2:$A$100="Customer X"),--($B$2:$B$100="Product Y"))

    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    HARSH BAHAL
    Guest

    Re: IF & AND Functions together

    Thanks a lot.I am going to try this, and hopefully it will help. However,
    since I have around 50 customers and around 200 diffrent products, inserting
    formulas individually will be long drawn process. Can't I specify a range
    for my customers and product and d devise a formula. Would request you all
    for helping me out on this.

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: IF & AND Functions together

    "HARSH BAHAL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks a lot.I am going to try this, and hopefully it will help. However,
    > since I have around 50 customers and around 200 diffrent products,

    inserting
    > formulas individually will be long drawn process. Can't I specify a range
    > for my customers and product and d devise a formula. Would request you all
    > for helping me out on this.

    Put your customer names in A2, down, product names in B1 across, and then
    put this in B2

    =SUMPRODU CT(--($A$2:$A$100=$A2),--($B$2:$B$100=B$1))

    and copy down and across

    See http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html

  6. #6
    HARSH BAHAL
    Guest

    Re: IF & AND Functions together

    Thanks a lot , I have learnt lot of other aspects also. Also I oresume it is
    a typing error when you inserted a gap in " sumprod uct" I am puttting my
    problem as follows :
    In one sheet I have ( This is given, I cannot change this format)
    customer code (A) material code (B) qty of material (C)
    date
    1 25 5
    1
    2 26 4
    2
    2 25 3
    2
    1 27 4
    2
    2 25 5
    3
    2 28 6
    4
    2 25 7
    5
    3 26 8
    1
    3 25 3
    2
    1 26 2
    4
    In another sheet I want to consolidate the data in the following format :
    Material code(Down) Cutomer code (Across)
    Quantity ( Down)

    Would request you to kindly facilitae the devising of the formula.

  7. #7
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: IF & AND Functions together

    On your second sheet (Sheet2) in cell B2
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$100=B$1),--(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$100=$A2),--(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$100))
    Copy across and down to cover the range of your customers and products

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier