customize colors

  1. #1

    customize colors

    Is it possible to customize fill colors of a spreadsheet? The spreadsheet is to be posted on the web and the available colors are limited and visually jarring. Is there any way to use the web color palette instead of what comes with the Excel program?

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: customize colors

    Tools/Options/Color/Modify

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: customize colors

    Go to Tools | Options | Colors and click on the Customize button.

    Have fun

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: customize colors

    I think your real question is can you have any color, yes but your
    total selection in an Excel workbook is limited to your choice from
    within the 56 color palette -- you can change colors. One of the
    colors you should not change is the yellow as it is used for
    highlighting. I would avoid doing much changing of colors as
    that is going to make your sheets different than other users of
    Excel -- but that's up to you.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm
    ---
    HTH,