Time Sheet Function

  1. #1
    HRMSN
    Guest

    Time Sheet Function

    Our office follows the seven minute rule when calculating time on our time
    sheets. To make this automated time sheet I've designed work properly, I
    need a function that will round each time entry to the nearest quarter hour.
    Thus for example, 7:26 AM would need to be rounded to 7:30 AM, and 12:37 PM
    would need to be rounded to 12:30 PM. Once someone helps me figure that out,
    I have everything else that will calculate everything correctly.

  2. #2
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Time Sheet Function

    =ROUND(A1*96,0)/96
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    HRMSN
    Guest

    Re: Time Sheet Function

    I put this formula in, but in a cell where nothing was written it came up
    12:00am. What do I add to the formula below, to keep it from putting
    anything there if no time is entered?

  4. #4
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Time Sheet Function

    That's because no value in the cell returns a zero value.
    Try
    =IF(A1<>0,ROUND(A1*96,0)/96,"")
    or
    =IF(A1<>0,ROUND(A1*96,0)/96,0)
    in the latter, go Tools > Options > View and uncheck 'Zero Values'
    Obviously I don't know the rest of your formulas, but usually a zero value
    in a range that a formula applies to wont affect the result,