Conditional Formatting?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    djn
    Guest

    Conditional Formatting?

    I have a worksheet that subtotals the Amount (Column C) after each Dept ID
    (Column F) changes. Is there a way I can get each subtotal cell, which is in
    column C, to BOLD? Thank you.

  2. #2
    John Michl
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting?

    Add a conditional format to cell C2 that is a formula: $F2<>$F3 and set
    the format to bold. Then copy this format down the column.

    - John

  3. #3
    djn
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting?

    I'm doing what you asked me to do, but I can't get it to work. Perhaps my
    question should have been clearer. Is it helpful if you know that the number
    of rows varies for each DeptId? I could be subtotaling amounts where the
    DeptId is listed on 4 rows and then another DeptId might just have one row.
    Does that help?