totals from a tabel

  1. #1
    Streep
    Guest

    totals from a tabel

    I have a tabel that looks like this
    Stick Ball Club
    12 2 4
    Jones 16 x x
    Smith 0
    Hannibal 6 x x

    First column : Names
    First (headers) row: product names
    Second (headers ) row: price of product in row 1
    Second column: sum of all products bought by Name

    Example1: Jones got a Stick and a Club thus totals 12+4=16
    Example2: Hannibal got a Ball and Club thus totals 2+4=6
    I do not want to refer all x'es by means of references showing 12, 2 and 4
    in stead of the x'es. Note that the total number of colums will be more than
    100.
    I just want the user to enter either "x" or "1" in the relevant cell,
    whereby Excel returns the sum in second column

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: totals from a tabel

    Try this in B3, and copy down as needed:

    =SUMPRODUCT(($C3:$CX3="X")*$C$2:$CX$2)

    --

    HTH,

    RD