Closed Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

How do you convert text to rows?

  1. #1
    Shannyduck
    Guest

    How do you convert text to rows?

    Please help as soon as possible...

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    What do you mean convert text to rows?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shannyduck
    Please help as soon as possible...

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do you convert text to rows?

    Please explain what you want. Quickly now.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: How do you convert text to rows?

    We cannot help you unless you provide a decent explanation of what you are
    trying to accomplish!!

  5. #5
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: How do you convert text to rows?

    So confusing what you actually want done. Care to offer a little bit more to
    go on?

    Dave

  6. #6
    Shannyduck
    Guest

    Re: How do you convert text to rows?

    Sorry.. first time that I have had to this..

    I have a badly made spreadsheet which features mutliples figures of text
    (i.e. groups of numbers in one cell). I need to get each number seperated
    out into it's own row.
    Basically, I am looking for a function that works exactly like the "text to
    columns" function / but is "text to rows".

    Hope that makes sense.. thanks for your help!

  7. #7
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    Re: How do you convert text to rows?

    Use the text to columns feature to get the data to it's own column. Then,
    select the data and "Paste Special"->Transpose to get it into rows
    Dave

  8. #8
    Shannyduck

  9. #9
    Shannyduck

  10. #10
    Shannyduck

  11. #11
    Forum Contributor
    If you have a numer let's say 12345678 in A1

    B1 = MID(A$1,ROW(),1) (Copy down)

    or use the transpose method which David already mentioned.

    Hope it helps.

  12. #12
    Melbourne, Australia
    MS-Off Ver

    Lightbulb Re: How do you convert text to rows?

    Hi team

    I recently had a similar problem. I've developed a quick Excel add-in called Text to Rows to address it.

    Hopefully it is useful to this community, it adds a Text to Rows button right next to your Text to Columns button in Excel.

    For full details please see: http://www.cainhill.com.au/blog/text-to-rows
    Attached Images Attached Images

Closed Thread